10.14.2005

Post Katrina Update

I moved this from the Drowning Creek site... it was originally posted on 9/23.


Photo taken from inside my brother's truck in Long Beach south of the tracks on September 11, 2005. We had to ask the Nat Guard what street we were turning onto even though we both grew up here.

Well, I am back in the shop after spending 2 weeks on the Mississippi Coast. It's a mess down there, but residents, and others are working tirelessly to clean up and rebuild. I have some pictures, and a much longer commentary to post on our blog, but it's going to take a few days for me to get all of it together.

If you would like to help by contributing to one of the many relief funds being established, here are some I recommend - I'll add more as I gather all my notes together:
Noah's Wish
Conscious Alliance
Preservation Hall
New Orleans Musician Relief Fund
Team Rescue

Be careful about donating to orgs that you do not know. Unfortunately, these disasters bring out the best and worst in people, and there are many trying to profit off of the good will of people who want to donate.

Jeff and I will be running some auctions soon to benefit the Musician's Relief Fund. We'll post details when we get the auctions ready to roll.
 
Thanks for all of the words of comfort, concern, and sympathy. It truly helps knowing that people have been concerned for myself & my family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home